The examples provided in this annex are only some of the possible ways the OPC UA FX Information Model can be integrated into an existing model or used in conjunction with a new or existing model. The selection of which techniques are used should depend on other factors, such as:
- Does the model already exist and have adoption? If yes, is backward compatibility essential?
- Is it possible to extend the original Information Model (i.e. generate a new revision of the companion specification)?
- Does the existing model contain an asset model?
- Does it contain a functional model?
- Does it contain nested sub-models?
This is just a partial list of questions that a developer might want to consider when investigating options for adding UAFX to an existing specification/controller/application.
The certification program will be able to certify any of the options to help assure interoperability and compatibility.