The following section is intended to give an exemplary sketch of the vastness of mechanical and plant engineering. This includes for example the following industries and products:
- Food Processing and Packaging Machinery, e.g., bakery machines, meat processing machines and packaging machines.
- Robotics and Automation, e.g., Robots, machine vision systems and integrated assembly solutions
- Plastics and Rubber Machinery, e.g., Injection moulding machines and extrusion devices
- Metallurgy, e.g., foundry machinery, furnaces, metallurgical plants and rolling mills
- Materials Handling and Intralogistics, e.g., automated guided vehicles, industrial trucks and cranes
Other industries include the following:
Agricultural Machinery, Air Conditioning and Ventilation, Air Pollution Control, Air-handling Technology, Battery Production, Building Control and Management, Ceramic Machinery, Cleaning Systems, Compressed Air and Vacuum Technology, Construction-Equipment and Plant Engineering, Die and Mould, Drying Technology, Electrical Automation, Electronics, Micro and Nano Technologies, Engines and Systems, Fire Fighting Equipment, Fluid Power Industry, Glass Machinery, Lifts and Escalators, Machine Tools and Manufacturing Systems, Measuring and Testing Technology, Micro Technologies, Mining Industry, Photovoltaic Equipment, Power Systems, Power Transmission Engineering, Precision Tools, Printing and Paper Technology, Process Plant and Equipment, Pumps and Systems, Refrigeration and Heat Pump Technology, Security Systems, Surface Technology, Software and Digitalization, Textile Care, Fabric and Leather Technology, Textile Machinery, Valves, Waste Treatment and Recycling, Welding and Pressure Gas Equipment, Woodworking Machinery.