Overall condition (severity)
- A StatusCodewith severity Good means that the value is of good quality.
- A StatusCodewith severity Uncertain means that the quality of the value is uncertain for reasons indicated by the SubCode.
- A StatusCodewith severity Bad means that the value is not usable for reasons indicated by the SubCode.
- The StatusCodeindicates the usability of the value. Therefore, It is required that Clientsminimally check the StatusCode Severityof all results, even if they do not check the other fields, before accessing and using the value.
- A Server, which does not support status information, shall return a severity code of Good. It is also acceptable for a Serverto simply return a severity and a non-specific (0) SubCode.
- If the Serverhas no known value - in particular when Severityis BAD, it shall return a NULL value.