The OPC UA AddressSpace supports information models. This support is provided through:
- Node References that allow Objects in the AddressSpace to be related to each other.
- ObjectType Nodes that provide semantic information for real Objects (type definitions).
- ObjectType Nodes to support subclassing of type definitions.
- Data type definitions exposed in the AddressSpace that allow industry specific data types to be used.
- OPC UA companion standards that permit industry groups to define how their specific information models are to be represented in Server AddressSpace.