The following actions occur:
- All TrustLists are cleared;
- All assigned Certificates are deleted;
- All Endpoints and ReverseEndpoints are reset to defaults;
- All UserTokenPolicies are set to defaults;
- All CertificateManagerEndpoints are deleted;
- Any passwords for built-in administrator accounts are set to default values.
Servers may extend this list with additional actions when appropriate.
If the Server is running on a Device that supports OPC 10000-21 the Device is placed in a state where the Onboarding process has to restart. If the Device does not support OPC 10000-21, the Server repeats the Application Setup process described in Annex G.
After this Method completes the Server shall set the ServerState to SHUTDOWN and the shutdownReason to a localized message that warns Clients that their credentials may not work when the Server restarts. The Server should set the secondsTillShutdown to a time that gives the Client a chance to receive the response to this Method.
Note that the default configuration for a Server is set by configuration and is not necessarily the “factory default”. For example, a machine builder could update the default configuration to ensure that the Server can still communicate with other Servers within the machine after the reset.
The mechanisms for setting the default configuration is vendor specific.
Method Result Codes (defined in Call Service)
The current user does not have the rights required.