This document defines the OPC UA MDIS companion specification. This standard is an Oil and Gas standard for interfacing the Subsea Production Control System (SPCS), with a Master Control Station (MCS) or a Subsea Gateway, to the Distributed Control System (DCS). This specification includes:
- A description of common terms,
- Supported architectures,
- Information models representing the data that is shared between the systems,
- Methods used in the flow of information,
- Profile & ConformanceUnits describing the grouping of functionality,
- Recommended Practices for the use of MDIS.
MDIS was created to define a standard object model that is transported on a common high performance efficient interface between topside and subsea systems in Oil and Gas installations. The selected protocol (OPC UA) includes independent third-party certification.